Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Review: That's Not My Monster

monster

That's Not My Monster
Written by Fiona Watt
Illustrated by Rachel Wells

Publication date: 2004
Publisher: Usborne Books
ISBN: 978-0794508180

Summary/Back cover:
This delightful series of board books is aimed at very young children. The bright pictures, with their patches of different textures, are designed to develop sensory and language awareness. Babies and toddlers will love turning the pages and touching the feely patches.

Review:
We just love these books, my baby got given this for Christmas and its perfect for her now (7 months) and she will get a lot more enjoyment out of it as she gets bigger. The pictures are really cute and bright and the actual book is really sturdy and easy for her to hold herself. Each picture has a "touchy-feely" aspect- eg one monster has fluffy ears, one has fuzzy spikes etc. At the moment I touch them and she copies me. When I turn the pages, each new picture gets lots of excited kicks and giggles. I will definitely be looking at getting more in this series. Highly recommend for really young babies as they won't grow out of it too fast.

Rating 4.7 / 5

Review written by Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment