Monday, February 27, 2012

Review: Bedtime Peekaboo!

1414525-L

Bedtime Peekaboo!
Written by Dawn Sirett
Photography by Dave King

Publication date: 2006
Publisher: Dorling Kindersley
ISBN: 1-4053-1276-9

Summary/Back cover:
Where are all the sleepy toys? Peekaboo!
- Lift the big flaps with baby
- Help baby develop thinking and memory skills
- Enjoy hours of peekaboo fun!

Review:
We have two of these peekaboo books (the other one being Baby Loves Peekaboo), and both my boys thoroughly enjoy them - as do I! The lift-the-flaps are large and built from cardboard, so designed for rough little hands to flip back and forth. In addition to the flaps, each page has a textured part for touch - a fluffy pig tummy, shiny tiger eyes, and stringy doll's hair.

This book is so well read that the spine is in tatters, the pages have sellotape holding minor rips together (although the flaps are great, they do still tear down the the folded edge after a lot of use), and yet both boys still adore it - my almost 3.5-year old has had nearly 3 years use out of this book, and still loves it like it's the first time he's read it! My 18 month old laughs hysterically every time I call out 'peekaboo!' as he opens the flaps.

I was so pleased to find this book, as all kids love lift-the-flaps and touch-and-feels, and this book combines them both, and has much sturdier flaps than most other books I've found.

My rating: 4.8 out of 5

Review written by Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment