Monday, February 20, 2012

Review: I'm Coming to Get You!



I'm Coming to Get You!
Written and Illustrated by Tony Ross

Publication date: 1984
Publisher: Andresen Press
ISBN: 978-1-84270-743-2


Summary/Back cover:
After wreaking havoc on the planets of its own galaxy, a hungry monster sets off in its spaceship for a pretty blue planet called Earth.  A little boy called Tommy Brown, who is particularly scared of monsters, is singled out for a visit...


Review:
What little boy doesn't love monsters that yell out things like "I'm coming to get you!" - my 2.5 year old requests this book almost every night, immediately before bedtime (and we then often hear him calling out the same phrase from his bedroom, and giggling away!).  A funny wee twist at the end of this story makes the monster not nearly as scary as it had tried to be throughout the story, and even got a smirk out of my husband!

My rating: 4 out of 5 - a good boys' book.


Review written by Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment