Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Review: Counting Rhymes

Usborne-Look-Say-Counting-Rhymes_1glz413

Counting Rhymes
Edited by Felicity Brooks
Illustrated by Giuliana Gregori

Publication date: 2010
Publisher: Usborne Children's Books
ISBN: 9781409507888

Summary/Back cover:
These delightfully illustrated rhymes are a lovely way to help babies and toddlers learn to count.

Review:
This is a lovely book, each page has a different counting rhyme and most of them I knew so I could "sing" them to my baby and she loves that, eg "Five little ducks went swimming one day..." and "The animals went in two by two, hurrah! hurrah!". My baby thought it was great- the combination of me singing to her and the beautifully bright pictures was enough to make her squeal and giggle and kick with delight and she loved it so much we went through the book 3 times in one sitting! Highly recommend for babies and toddlers of any age as when they are older I'm sure they will love singing the rhymes along with you.

Rating: 4.9/5

Review written by Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment