Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review: Grumpy Bird

1230163-L

Grumpy Bird
Written and Illustrated by Jeremy Tankard

Publication date: 2007
Publisher: Scholastic
ISBN: 978-0-439-85147-3

Summary/Back cover:
Here's a cure-all for a bad mood. After all, don't you ever feel grumpy?

Review:
A great book for explaining bad moods to young children, as they stat to sort out their emotions - my 3 year old is just starting to be able to describe his moods ("I feel angry, I feel scared, I feel happy") so this story helped build on that, as we followed a grumpy bird through his day.

I enjoyed reading this book aloud, as there's ample opportunity to read Bird's words in sarcastic, sneery tones - this made my 3 year old laugh and my 18 month old look alarmed!

The end of the story has a bit of nonsense injected, which is not quite in keeping with the rest of the book, but works well for it's intended audience.

My rating: 3.8 out of 5

Review written by Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment