Sunday, March 4, 2012

Review: The WotWots Wot-choo Wot-choo!

wotwotwotchoo

The WotWots Wot-choo Wot-choo!
Edited by Martin Baynton

Publication date: 2009
Publisher: Ice Water Press
ISBN: 978192163903-6

Summary/Back cover:
Goodness me! SpottyWot has the sneezes and is not feeling very well at all. His sister DottyWot comes to the rescue - but not without having a little bit of fun along the way!

Review:
My boys got this book for Christmas because they adore the WotWots on TV - for those from outside New Zealand that are reading this, you can find out more about the WotWots by clicking here.

On TV, they're bearable - the kids think they're just the bees-knees, but I find their incessant "Wotty wot wot" chatter hard to listen to day in and day out. However, this book takes it to a whole new level, because now I'm expected to make that chatter!

The books read just like a TV episode, so are very true to the WotWot's nature, and the text is just like the narrator speaking in an episode, so the kids think they're watching a TV episode in book form. But it's not great reading from a parent's point of view, I don't think.

The book is made out of laminated pages, so it's a good book that even rough kids can read to themselves, which is exactly what my 3 year old does - I often hear him in his room reading "Wot wot, hahahaha, wotty wot. Notty dotty, spotty wot."

I'll give this book two ratings, as it doesn't score highly with me, but the kids love it more.

My rating: 3 out of 5
Kids' rating: 3.8 out of 5

Review written by Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment