Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Review: Little Bear's Trousers

1049117

Little Bear's Trousers
Written and Illustrated by Jane Hissey

Publication date: 1998
Publisher: Red Fox
ISBN: 978-0099265436

Summary/Back cover:
When Little Bear gets up one morning, his trousers are gone. Where could they be? Old Bear doesn't know. Sailor, Camel and Rabbit have seen them and used them in some un-trouserly ways. But no one can tell Little Bear where his trousers are now. When Little Bear finally discovers his trousers, even he is surprised at what he finds.

Review:
We have a copy of this book that is small, like a pocket sized book, so when my youngest daughter brought it to me to read I am pretty sure she was not expecting such a long book, however my 4.5 year old loves it. It has lovely illustrations and a sweet yet exciting story-line. As much as I love the story and all the pictures I can't help as a mother but feel concerned that my kids will try this at home. On the whole, a long but enjoyable book that appeals more to the older children.

Daughter Shannon (4.5 years old)’s review: “I like that story but I hope no one takes my dresses while I am sleeping.”

Rating 3.5 out of 5

Review written by Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment