Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Review: Why I Love My Mummy / Daddy

why I love my mummy

Why I Love My Daddy Image

Why I Love My Mummy
Why I Love My Daddy
Illustrated by Daniel Howarth

Publication date: 2006
Publisher: HarperCollins
ISBN: 978-0007205998 / 978-0007206001

Summary/Back cover:
Featuring children’s own words and heart-warming pictures, these are little books which can be given by boys or girls to their mummy and daddy on Mother’s Day, Father's Day, or any time at all!

Lovely gift books, created by asking real children why they love their Mummy and Daddy, and combining their words with illustrations of gorgeous baby animals.

Review:
It is children saying why they love their mummy/daddy. On each page there is the format of "I love my mummy/daddy because... " which children can join in with. There is a different animal on each page, parent and baby. The illustrations are very uncluttered, mainly the animals and very little background. The expressions on the animals is very caring and loving.

It is a lovely story to snuggle up with your child and read. It allows your child to express their love for you and you in turn express your love for them.

We own both of these books and they are my 2 year old daughter's favourites. She has to have one of them every night (often both). My daughter loves to name all the animals. Her sister (3 1/2) is learning the names of the baby animals now from our discussions about the book. When we read it we will often act out the page, giving hugs, showing our strong muscles, tickling each other.

I have given this pair of books as a baby shower gift and everyone has commented about them.

My rating: 4.8 out of 5

Review written by Jopukeko

No comments:

Post a Comment