Saturday, March 10, 2012

Review: No, David!

1062516

No, David!
Written and Illustrated by David Shannon

Publication date: 1998
Publisher: Blue Sky Press
ISBN: 978-0590930024

Summary/Back cover:
David's mom always said no! No,no,no. No,David! is Shannon's delightfully illustrated book of all the naughty things he used to get told off for as a child. Follow David as he jumps on his bed, walks mud through the house and breaks plant pots.

Review:
This is my 2 year old's favourite book this week. She knows most of it off by heart. It was also a big hit in my class of five year olds. It has been so popular that our copy is so tatty that I need to replace it.

It is a very simple text where David is getting growled for doing naughty things. The illustrations (also by David Shannon) are very appropriate and the kids take pleasure in pointing out what he is doing wrong: e.g. running down the road naked, walking mud through the house or raiding the cookie tin.

I think the children can relate to David when they do naughty things, especially when it is accidental.

As a parent I love reading it when I am stressed because I can use my growly voice with David to let off steam rather than snapping at my children.

We also have David Gets in Trouble and David Goes to School and they are very popular too.

I give it 5/5

Review written by Jopukeko

No comments:

Post a Comment