Saturday, January 28, 2012

Review: You’re All My Favourites

youre-all-my-favorites

You’re All My Favourites
Written by Sam McBratney
Illustrated by Anita Jeram

Publication Date: 2004
Publisher: Walker Books Ltd
ISBN: 978-1-84428-515-0

Summary/Back cover:
Once upon a time there was a Mummy Bear and a Daddy Bear who told their three baby bears that they were the most wonderful baby bears in the whole wide world. But one day the three baby bears started to wonder which of them their mummy and daddy liked best. They couldn’t all be their favourites… could they?

Okay, so you walk into a children’s bookstore and can’t find the book you had intended to purchase, what do you do? Well, I’m guilty of buying a substitute book because I recognised the author and illustrator’s names! You’re All My Favourites is by the same team who created Guess How Much I Love You, so after a quick flick through I decided it was a safe purchase.

Much like their other books this is a beautifully written, beautifully illustrated story about parental love and the comfort and security that creates for the child(ren). It may turn out to be a handy guide for how to answer the “favourites” question that I will inevitably be asked when my children are a bit older. I remember nagging my own mother about who was her favourite child when I was younger!

And since “the best baby bears in the whole wide world went to sleep as happily as could be” then I rate this story as a winner for reading at bedtime, too.

My rating: 4 out of 5

Review written by team_s

No comments:

Post a Comment