Thursday, January 19, 2012

Review: I Broke My Trunk!

trunk

I Broke My Trunk!
Written and Illustrated by Mo Willems

Publication date: 2011
Publisher: Hyperion Books
ISBN: 978-1-4231-3309-4

Summary/Back cover:
Gerald is careful. Piggie is not.
Piggie cannot help smiling. Gerald can.
Gerald worries so that Piggie does not have to.
Gerald and Piggie are best friends.

In I Broke My Trunk! Gerald tells Piggie the long, crazy story about breaking his trunk. Will Piggie end up with a long, crazy story of her own?

Review:
Another book from the Elephant and Piggie collection - these are designed for emergent readers, but my 3 year old loves them.  This particular story is a tale about how Gerald broke his trunk - it's not as good a story as other books by Willems, but got a number of giggles all the same (the image of an elephant carrying three large friends and a piano on his trunk got a lot of attention from my son).

My rating: 3.7 out of 5

Review written by Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment