Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Review: Dogger

dogger-by-shirley-hughes

Dogger
by Shirley Hughes

Publication date: 1977
Publisher: Picture Lions
ISBN: 0 00 661464 7

Summary/Back cover:
Once there was a soft brown toy dog called Dogger. He belonged to Dave who was very fond of him and took him everywhere. At bedtime one evening Dogger was nowhere to be found. Dogger was lost.

Review:
This is an oldie but a goodie. I remember this book being read to me when I was young and now I read it to my children. Some of the language is very English but the story is something many children can relate to. I think it’s a good tool to teach children to compromise, help each other and to think of others first. Dave does get Dogger back but only because of the selfless actions of his sister.

3.5/5

Review written by Judith

No comments:

Post a Comment