Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review: Alphabeasts

CIMG9067

Alphabeasts
Written and Illustrated by Elizabeth Fuller
with help from Kathleen Grimmett

Publication date: 1985
Publisher: Waterloo Press
ISBN: 0-7257-0334-2

Summary/back cover:
The beasts in this book
Aren't in places you know,
Not in jungles or deserts
Nor where there is snow.
They're not in the country
nor even the zoo,
But I hope that you like them -
I drew them for you


Review:
This was given to me and my sister from the author - a family friend.

I would recommend this book for primary age children, it has lots of alliteration. Hubby thinks some of the beasts might be a bit scary for our 3 3/4yr old.

Example:
Gg
The great big Ginormous growls "Grr!" and looks scary,
Hh
but the huge Hunx are just harmless and hairy.

The illustrations are very colourful and bring to life all the made up beasts.

My rating: 3.5 out 5

Review written by Pineapple

No comments:

Post a Comment