Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Review: Baby Loves Peekaboo!

baby loves[1]-500x500

Baby Loves Peekaboo!
Written by Dawn Sirett
Photography by Dave King

Publication date: 2008
Publisher: Dorling Kindersley
ISBN: 978-1-40532-915-6

Summary/Back cover:
Where is baby hiding? Peekaboo!

  • Lift the big flaps with baby
  • Help baby develop thinking and memory skills
  • Enjoy hours of peekaboo fun!
Review:
This book has been one of the biggest hits with both my children - my 16 month old will bring this book to me multiple times a day at the moment, and adores me calling out "Peekaboo!" as he lifts the big cardboard flaps on each page.  Along with the flaps, there's things to feel on each page too - fluffy or fuzzy pieces.

This is a wee bit different than other lift-the-flap books, as the flaps are much sturdier and better suited to the roughness of young children - making it perfectly suited to my two rough-and-ready boys.  

I definitely recommend getting one or two of these books (we also have Bedtime Peekaboo, which is equally as popular) - if your children are a bit old for them now, grab them as a lovely gift for a new baby - they'll get plenty of wear.  Our books are looking rather tatty with so much use now, but it's still holding together!

My rating: 4.3 out of 5

Review written by Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment