Sunday, May 1, 2011

Review: Tip Tip Dig Dig


Tip Tip Dig Dig
Written and Illustrated by Emma Garcia


Publication date: 2007
Publisher: Koala Books
ISBN: 978-0-86461-742-2


Summary:
A parade of colorful construction vehicles doing their work means plenty of joyful noise! From the crane that lifts, lifts, lifts to the bulldozer that push-push-pushes, to the steamroller that rolls, rolls, rolls, every machine here makes it own special sound. Kids will love the irresistibly rhythmic text and the adorable, personality-filled vehicles with headlights that look like eyes. And the surprise ending, when the great big mess on page one becomes a wonderful playground, is sure to leave them delighted!


Review:
This is a great book for little boys - it has diggers, trucks, bulldozers... all those big construction site machines that boys love!  Its repetitive nature appeals greatly to my 2.5 year old, and he was able to read it with me within a matter of days.

The Eric Carle (The Very Hungry Caterpillar author) style pictures are beautifully done, and made me want to have a go at making some of them myself! Although, I don't think I'll ever manage to make them as well as Emma Garcia has.

A definite must-have for any little boys that are keen on machines - this is one that we're going to have to buy, I think - there will be a limit to how long we're allowed to keep it out of the library, I'm sure!

My rating: 5 out of 5 - it really hit its target audience well!


Review written by Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment