Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Review: Perky Little Penguins


Perky Little Penguins
Written by Tony Mitton
Illustrated by Guy Parker-Rees

Publication date: 2007
Publisher: Orchard Books
ISBN: 978-1-84616-338-8


Summary/Back cover:
Perky little penguins
coming out to play,
looking for their playmates...
here they are - hooray!


Follow the delightful little penguins as they slide and jump and waddle around their world, and show you just how much fun they can have in the ice and snow.

Review:
This author/illustrator combo is one of my favourite, so I was very keen to read this book myself.  It is a sweet wee book, written in a gentle rhyming style that I've come to know and love from Tony Mitton (author of Terrific Trains, amongst others).  I found it to drag a wee bit by the end, but my 2.5 year old was engrossed in it, and enjoyed seeing the penguins bouncing around on the ice.

My rating: 4.2 out of 5.

Review written by Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment