Sunday, February 20, 2011

Review: There Is a Bird on Your Head!

There Is a Bird on Your Head!
Written and Illustrated by Mo Willems

Publication date: 2007
Publisher: Hyperion Books
ISBN: 978-1-4063-1470-0

Summary/Back cover:

Gerald is careful. Piggie is not.
Piggie cannot help smiling. Gerald can.
Gerald worries so that Piggie does not have to.

Gerald and Piggie are best friends.

In There Is a Bird On My Head!, Gerald discovers that there is something worse than a bird on your head—two birds on your head!  Can Piggie help her best friend?

Review:
We found this book in the library among the 'emergent reader' titles, and it's just fantastic!  The words are all small enough for a beginner reader to know, and predictable enough for my 2 year old to say the next line, based on the pictures.

I love that it is so simple, but very humerous.  The facial expressions on Elephant and Piggie throughout the book are priceless, and make reading the book, which is written in speech bubbles, a lot of fun.

I can see this series of books being popular with my son when he becomes a reader - and I don't think I'll tire of them any time soon, either!

My rating: 4.8 out of 5.

Other books available in the Elephant and Piggie series:
I Am Invited to a Party!
Today I Will Fly!
My Friend is Sad

Review written by Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment