Friday, February 4, 2011

Review: I Udderly Love You


I Udderly Love You
by Kate Toms

Publication date: 2009
Publisher: Ice Water Press
ISBN: 978-1-92171-821-2

Summary/Back cover:
"I love you so much that I think I may burst!"
A reassuring story about unconditional love, told with a bit of whimsy and illustrated with delightful characters.  You'll find the message utterly moo-ving!

As the name implies, this story has the cute gimmick of being told from the first person perspective, with that first person being a cow.  Where possible, words have been "cow-ified"; moo-sic, moo-vement, moo-dy. And combined with a rhyming text result in a playful and fun story. 

The illustrations are sewn-felt collage and are so gorgeous it never fails to make me rue the fact that I can't sew and won't be able create something similar for a child's quilt.  I'm a bit of a sucker for this style of illustration and am always on the lookout to add to the few that we have.

Nice quick, amusing read along with the lovely illustrations have this on high rotation in our household.

4.5/5

Review written by QTCass

No comments:

Post a Comment