Friday, February 4, 2011

Review: Colour Me Happy!


Colour Me Happy!
Written by Shen Roddie
Illustrated by Ben Cort

Publication date: 2007
Publisher: MacMillan
ISBN:
978-1-40500-909-6

Summary/Back cover:
"When I'm brave, colour me orange."
A sparkly celebration of feelings with a fabulous rainbow finale!"

I have to confess to being a fan of the very short and simple children's book; when flicking through books to buy, anything more than 2, maybe 3, sentences per page sees me putting it down and moving on.  In my defence, our little dude is book OBSESSED and will bring out book after book to be read.  So, in keeping with my book-purchasing habits, this book is a one-sentence-per-page story about the range of emotions and the colours that can are associated with them - blue for sad, green for jealousy, pink for funny etc.

What really makes this book stand out are the absolutely gorgeous illustrations.  Hands down my absolute favourite of all the kids books, they are the most adorable pictures and have the added interest of glitter on parts of the drawings which always see my little one run his fingers over.  I don't know if it's because he has picked up on how much the adults in the house love this book, but our 17 month old will choose this one above all others to read.  He has been known to move on immediately to the next person to read it to him as soon as he has finished it with someone else.

A resounding 5/5.

Review written by QTCass

No comments:

Post a Comment