Thursday, January 27, 2011

Review: We're Going on a Bear Hunt


We're Going on a Bear Hunt
Written by Michael Rosen
Illustrated by Helen Oxenbury

ISBN: 9781406316285

Summary/Back cover:
We're going on a bear hunt.
We're going to catch a big one.
What a beautiful day!
We're not scared.

A beautifully simple rhyming book with evocative illustrations. My nearly 3 year old loves it and I have used it in classroom situations with 8 year olds and they loved it as much. After reading it once or twice Monkey picked up on the rhythm and the repeated sounds. He has started incorporating the story in his imaginative play.

I use the illustrations as talking points and I like how you can go deeper into the story using them.

This is also available with a DVD of the story which takes the story to a whole new level!

My rating would be 4.5/5

Review written by LatteJunkie

No comments:

Post a Comment