Saturday, June 11, 2011

Review: Tough Trucks


Tough Trucks
Written by Tony Mitton
Illustrated by Ant Parker

Publication date: 2003
Publisher: Kingfisher Publications
ISBN: 0-7534-0834-1

Summary/Back cover:
Trucks are tough and sturdy.
They take on heavy loads,
then thunder on their giant tyres
down long and busy roads.

Rumble down the road with a team of chirpy animal truckers in this lively picture book.  Zippy wordplay, zappy art, plus a picture dictionary make learning about trucks fun!

Review:
Another book from the Amazing Machines collection (of which I'm keen to collect the whole lot!) - Tough Trucks has been well received by my 2.5 year old.  I would have to say that, although very well written and beautifully illustrated, it doesn't seem to hit the mark quite as well as Terrific Trains, but I can't quite put my finger on a specific complaint - maybe it's just that my son is far more into trains than he is trucks at the moment!

As with other books by Tony Mitton, the rhyming is fantastic to read aloud to children, so it's the sort of book that I don't mind reading many times to a small machine-enthusiast!

My rating: 4.3 out of 5 - a definite boys' book, and perfect for your little trucker!

Review written by Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment