Saturday, June 25, 2011

Review: Have You Seen My Potty?


Have You Seen My Potty?
Written by Mij Kelly
Illustrated by Mary McQuillan

Publication date: 2007
Publisher: Hodder Children's Books
ISBN: 978-0-340-91152-5

Summary/Back cover:
This is the story of Suzy Sue, who has something very important to do!  
The truth is she needs to do a poo... Will she find her bright red potty in time?

Review:
This is the toilet training book that I've been looking for for months!  I was so pleased to stumble upon this wee gem - it's about a young girl who needs to do a poo in her potty, but it's gone missing.  In fact, the farm animals have taken it, and are using the "poo-pot" and raving about how wonderful it is, whilst not knowing what this "potty" is that Suzy Sue is looking for.

Eventually, she gets the job done... and, as an added bonus, my 2.5 year old actually got a poo in the toilet after a read-throughs of this book. So thank you to Mij and Mary for creating the perfect toilet training book!!

A definite must-have for parents of toddlers - we've only got this book out of the library, and I'm reluctant to return it, as it's become a very well-read book here.  I think I'll have to find a copy to have permanently in our bookshelf here, especially as the 10 month old will no doubt go through the toilet training stage in a wee while, too!

It's funny, it's clever, the illustrations are gorgeous (I love the look of concern on Suzy Sue's face, getting more and more anxious as the book goes on), and it's rhyming as well, which always makes for a winning children's book in my eyes.

My rating: 5 out of 5.

Review written by Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment