Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Review: Munch


Munch
Written and Illustrated by Emma McCann

Publication date: 2005
Publisher: Meadowside Children's Books
ISBN: 1-84539-045-8

Summary/Back cover:
There's a huge hungry monster on the loose eating everything in its path.  Munch the little monster stays at home to guard his house.  But will the massive muncher munch Munch?

Review:
We chose this book because the bite mark out of the bottom corner appealed to my 2.5 year old (the picture above doesn't show it, but it looks like this - sorry I can't find a bigger picture!)


The story itself is quite a cute wee story, about a monster who finds his toaster and jam have been eaten by a bigger monster, and ends with a relatively predictable (for parents) twist, which my boy loved! The illustrations are bright and uncluttered, which I enjoy for my children - if you have a little boy that loves monsters and food, then do check this book out.

My rating: 3.8 out of 5.

Review written by Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment