Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Review: Oh, The Places You'll Go!


Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
Written and Illustrated by Dr. Seuss

Publication Date: 1990 (originally published in 1957)
Publisher: Harper Collins
ISBN-13: 978-0-00-786026-5

Summary/back cover:
From bang-ups and hang-ups to lurches and slumps, Dr. Seuss takes a hilarious look at the mishaps and misadventures that life may have in store for us.

Review:
Okay, if I could take a moment to amend an earlier review, this book is the one you should be sure to give your kids when they leave home. I wish it had been given to me as a burgeoning adult. It’s fantastic for putting life’s ups and downs into perspective and filling the reader with a strong sense of self:

“Out there things can happen
and frequently do
to people as brainy
and footsy as you.”

This story is as beneficial to us parents as it is to our kids. In fact, it’s possible I enjoy reading this story more than my two year olds enjoy listening to it. I think some of the illustrations weird my kids out a bit! I do feel this story is a bit more grown-up than some of the others by Dr. Seuss (ie. The Cat in the Hat). It is a yellow back book, which in the Dr. Seuss collection is considered to be ideal for those children who can already read fluently.

A classic Dr. Seuss story that deserves to be included in your children’s book collection, next to Green Eggs and Ham, and The Cat in the Hat.

My rating: 4.8 out of 5

Review written by team_s

No comments:

Post a Comment