Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review: Stomp!


Stomp!
Written by Jeanne Willis
Illustrated by Paul Howard

Publication date: 2011
Publisher: Orchard Books
ISBN: 978-1-84616-794-2

Summary:
Stomp! Stomp! Here comes a mini-monster - he's looking for something special . . . He crashes through the kitchen and stomps up the stairs, but he can't find that special something anywhere! Just what is the mini-monster looking for?

With a bold but simple text and an adorably cheeky little monster, all children will love joining in the search.

Review:
I was lucky enough to be sent a review copy of this book from the publisher, and it really is the most adorable book. With lot of onomatopoeic words (Stomp! Crash, Bang, Toot, etc), this book had my 2.5 year old son and me stomping around the house, as we followed the Mini Monster from room to room.

This book features very simple text, and repetitive phrases, both of which cater to the preschool market very well. The first day we had this book, I read it over a dozen times, and even then, my son wanted to read it "just one more time"!

The illustrations are bold and not overly-cluttered, which makes them appealing to both my 2.5 year old and my 7 month old - the younger one looked a little startled with all the stomping that this book involved, but it won't be long before he's joining in!

If you'd like a copy of this book, you can find it here at Fishpond.

My rating: 5/5 - your little monster will enjoy stomping around the house with this book as much as mine does!

Review written by Bronwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment