Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ready To Learn - Songs For School Success






About This CD:
Get Ready to Learn! Cathy Bollinger, a much-loved singer-songwriter who also happens to be a Music Therapist, has written these tunes for use in today’s everyday world. These multisensory songs, ranging from snazzy to jazzy, will help your child and/or student have success in school, through her children’s music: repetition of basic living skills, those of listening, following directions, using friendly manners towards others, focusing on their work, transitioning from one activity to another, and lining up.

Why It's On My Bookshelf: I know that I mostly post about books but I just have to share this CD. It is absolutely AWESOME! I have been using it for the past few years in K-2 grades. The songs I use are: My Eyes are Looking Forward (The Listening Song); Get Ready and Follow Directions; and Good Choice or Bad Choice. The kids really really love this CD. We use hand motions with each of the songs. Cathy's voice is also very engaging and nice to listen to. It's so much fun to teach school skills through music.

Check out her website for this CD and her many others.


No comments:

Post a Comment