Monday, April 4, 2011

Review: I Like Myself


I Like Myself
Written by Karen Beaumont
Illustrated by David Catrow

Publication date: 2005
Publisher: Koala Books
ISBN: 0-86461-611-2

Summary:
I like myself--inside and out! Why? Just because I'm ME! At once silly and serious, this exuberant ode to self-esteem is sassy, soulful--and straight from the heart.

Review:
As the title says, this book is about liking yourself.  The opening page states "I like myself! I'm glad I'm me" and the book closes with "I like myself because I'm ME!"

It is full of imaginative eye-catching illustrations and while the text may be a bit repetitive (it finds a number of different ways of saying the same thing; I like myself!) it is a positive affirmation that any parent would want their child to pick up on and start believing for themselves.  The rhyming will hold younger listeners attention and is simple enough for early readers.

4/5

Review written by QTCass

No comments:

Post a Comment